RYA First Aid at the new reduced price only £65 Per Person
28th February 2020
To book click on training courses Tab on our home page
This essential one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations.
This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven.
This course is run to a syllabus approved by the RYA and is tailored towards the skills necessary when sailing.
• Demonstrate artificial ventilation & chest compression (CPR)
• Demonstrate how to turn a casualty into the recovery position
• Detail the treatment for shock
• Apply direct pressure to a wound and control bleeding
• Demonstrate how to bandage a wound
• Outline treatment for seasickness
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of hypothermia
• Outline the necessary precautions when treating a cold water immersion casualty
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of concussion
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of compression
• Outline the treatment for asthma attacks, burns, diabetic emergencies, epilepsy and heart attacks
• List the precautions needed when handling a spinal injury
• Demonstrate how to immobilise a fracture
• List actions needed to prepare for helicopter evacuation
• Course handbook